EWI-076 Premium Bio Silicone Render
Premium Bio Silicone Render is the most progressive render in the EWI Pro catalogue, offering end-users an advanced range of benefits. What really sets this render apart is its ability to actively break down any sign of organic growth that occurs on the render surface. Premium Bio Silicone offers an enhanced level of impact resistance, especially when used with a fibreglass mesh-reinforced basecoat layer. It also offers increased resistance to UV rays, which means that the coloured render will not fade over time; even the brightest of colours will stay vibrant for years to come!
As it is a silicone-based, polymer-modified, thin coat render, Premium Bio is highly breathable and vapour permeable; therefore ideal for Mineral Wool and Wood Fibre systems which also offer breathability. Premium Bio Silicone Render is incredibly flexible, robust and long-lasting – it is the premium choice when it comes to coloured render.
Premium Bio Silicone Render is available in thousands of colours and several different textures, allowing you to achieve your desired render finish.
Please note: We make all of our renders to order, so we do not accept any returns on tinted products. Renders that have not been tinted can be returned as per our normal T&Cs.
On receipt of your tinted render, please ensure the colour is as expected before application. We recommend buying one of our render samples before purchasing to ensure you are 100% happy with your chosen colour.
Colours from different batches may vary slightly. To avoid inconsistencies, mix tubs before application.
Premium Bio Silicone render comes as a ready-to-use mix and therefore does not need the addition of water. We recommend that you stir the mixture first to ensure that all the colour pigments are evenly distributed throughout.
To create an even, textured finish using Premium Bio Silicone render, you will then need to rub up against the surface of the render using circular motions with a plastic render float.
You will need to ensure that you have enough people on-site to be able to apply the render to an entire wall at once. If you attempt to apply the render section by section, then you will find that when it dries there will be a scarring effect where the different render sections meet.
- Intended for application onto EWI Pro-specified basecoats
- Substrate primers: EWI-333 Top Coat Primer
- Application and setting temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
- Grain size distribution: 1mm, 1.5mm (to special order another grain size distributions, contact us)
- Caution: In case of wall thermal insulation systems, when plastering facades with a large area, it is recommended that colours with brightness coefficient (dispersed reflection) of at least 25% should be used. These coefficients are shown in the colour palette of EWIPro plasters and paints.
Premium Bio Storage
Premium Bio Silicone Render comes ready-to-use in a 25kg plastic tub. Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and mix regularly. Colours from different batches may vary, to avoid inconsistencies mix tubs together prior to application.
Premium Bio Coverage Rates
- 1.0mm – 1.9kg/m2. One bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm – 2.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm – 3.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 6-8m2
- 3.0mm – 5.0kg/m2. One bucket should cover 5-6m2