Swifix Extension Tube
The Swifix Extension Tube is a cost-effective, maintenance-free way of fixing items back through your EWI system, whether it’s before or after the insulation system has been installed. Swifix insulation fixings are designed to eliminate the risk of cold spots and water ingress when installing insulation fixings; this ensures that the system remains functioning optimally and the system’s thermal efficiency is maintained.
Manufactured from high-quality plastics, the insulation fixings have been designed to provide an aesthetically pleasing appearance and enhance the property’s new exterior. The insulation board fixings have been tested by the BRE (British Research Establishment) for strength, compression and load-bearing capabilities. Swifix insulation fixings can be used to fix items of up to 100kg.
Swifix Extension Tube Features
- Significant reduction in labour costs
- Reduced installation time
- Increased surface area of insulation
- Reduced risk of cold spots
- Durable and high quality
- Ideal for retrofitting and maintenance
- Resistant to water penetration
- Reduced need for silicone sealants and mastics
- Can be cut to length using a standard tube cutter, hacksaw or pipe-cutter
Swifix insulation fixings are suitable for use with the following external wall insulation systems:
- Mineral Wool