Metal Pin Hammer Fixing
Metal Pin Hammer Fixings (metal pin, plastic body) come in a choice of five lengths, allowing them to be used on a variety of thicknesses of insulation. The metal mechanical fixing is made from a metal pin with plastic bodies, meaning that they reduce thermal bridging within the system. The metallic rods are hammered in, giving the system stability.
The Metal Pin Hammer Fixings have an 8mm/10mm-wide metal core. The lengths of fixings available are:
- 8mm x 115mm (200 fixings per box)
- 8mm x 135mm (200 fixings per box)
- 8mm x 155mm (200 fixings per box)
- 8mm x 175mm (200 fixings per box)
- 8mm x 195mm (200 fixings per box)
- 10mm x 220mm (100 fixings per box)
- 10mm x 260mm (100 fixings per box)
The Metal Pin Hammer Fixing is used to fix the insulation boards to the substrate. With a metal rod and plastic body, they keep thermal bridging down to a minimum, meaning that the system maintains its insulating qualities.
These mechanical fixings are suitable for concrete, brick and other blockwork. If in doubt about the suitability of the substrate, it is recommended a pull test is carried out to ensure it is strong enough to support an EWI system.