Regal & Barnes – Gold Hardened Notched Trowel
The Regal and Barnes Gold Hardened Notched Trowel is used to ensure an even thickness is applied to the surface and are available in 4x4mm and 8x8mm. The trowels can be used to apply a range of adhesives and cements to surfaces. The angle that you hold the trowel to the wall will affect the thickness of the adhesive.
Regal and Barnes Specialist Edition tools come with a luxurious Leather non-slip handle grip. The leather finish creates a soft and comfortable experience, reducing friction between the hand and tool which can lead to discomfort when plastering for long durations. Our Specialist Edition tools range is our premium option comprising the highest quality leather finish designed to provide our clients with highly durable, long-lasting tools.
- Apply the adhesive to a small area of the substrate.
- To do this, scoop up the adhesive using the narrow edge of the Notched Trowel.
- Drop it onto the wall and use the flat surface to spread it out.
- Use the Square Notched Trowel’s notched side to comb the wall area until the notches are at their full depth. This will ensure you have the correct amount of adhesive on the wall.
- Wipe the Square Notched Trowel clean in between to ensure you are applying the correct amount.
- Lightly smooth the adhesive using the flat edge of a Long Trowel.
- Always ensure that you clean the Square Notched Trowel after each use, and store it in a safe, dry place.