Transformer 5KVA (3.5KVA Continuous) 110v 1 x 16 amp & 1 x 32 amp socket
The 5KVA Transformer intermittent ( 3.5KVA Continuous ) 110 volt, 1 x 32 amp & 1 x 16 amp socket is used for stepping down UK mains voltage to 110V CTE (centre tap earthed) site safety supply.
A 5kVA transformer with low inrush current and 3.5kVA continuous power is a type of electrical transformer that is designed to handle high power while also limiting the initial surge of current when it is first turned on. This type of transformer is commonly used in applications where large amounts of power are required, but the system cannot tolerate high inrush currents, which can cause electrical system stress and damage to sensitive equipment.
The 5kVA rating of the transformer indicates its maximum capacity to transfer electrical power, while the low inrush current feature helps to minimize the impact of the initial surge of current when the transformer is energized. The 3.5kVA continuous power rating indicates the amount of power that the transformer can handle on a continuous basis without overloading or overheating.
Transformer 5KVA (3.5KVA Continuous) Specifications
- 5KVA Intermittent Rating
- 3.5KVA Continuous Rating
- Output: 2 x 16A & 1 x 32A 110V Sockets
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Enclosure: Moulded two part GRP case in yellow to IP44.
- Protection: Manually resettable 10 amp thermal MCB on input.
- Misc information: Transformer is potted in silica sand and sealed with resin.
- Cable: 2m of 1.0mm2 3 core black H05, 13 amp moulded plug + 13 amp fuse.
- Dimensions: H: 257mm, L: 210mm, W: 237mm approx.
- Weight: 36 kg approx.