Refina Metal Rasp
The Refina Metal Rasp is the ideal product for creating a mechanical key on the surface of EPS boards. The rasp is lightweight, durable and has a cheese-grater face which effectively sands down the insulation boards.
- Press the rasp lightly against the EPS – excessively heavy pressure may cause damage.
- Start from the top of the system and work your way down.
- Avoid rasping on a windy day so that the EPS shavings do not fly everywhere.
- Best practice is to have one worker rasping, while the other uses an industrial hoover directly beneath to catch shavings.
- Rub the rasp against the EPS in consistently sized circles.
- We recommend moving the rasp in small circles.
- Do not ‘wax on wax off’ – Always stick to one direction: all workers on site should rasp either clockwise or anticlockwise so as to create a uniform finish.
- Always ensure that your Steel Rasp is kept clean and dry in between uses.
- Store in a dry, secure place away from exposure to elements.