Silicone K1 K-rend scratch render is a water repellent, cement based, polymer modified, self-coloured render, requiring only the addition of water and 10 minutes mixing time. If applied as per manufacturer’s instructions, Silicone K1 Monocouche render will provide an attractive, low maintenance finish.
Preparation of K1 scratch render
- Using a 12mm or 14mm diameter mortar nozzle, spray Silcone K1 directly on to the prepared wall surface to the required thickness of 4 – 8mm
- Level out immediately, using a straight edge, smoothing trowel or float
- Allow the first pass to stiffen before applying the second pass, the time between passes being shorter in warm dry conditions, and much longer in extreme wet conditions
- Use 8mm or 14mm diameter spray nozzle according to the finish required. The normal recommended finished thickness of most finishes is between 12 – 14mm
Applying K1 scratch render
Silicone K1 is designed for use with most spray machines
- Add material to the feeding hopper and adjust water supply to achieve the desired consistency. Open time – approx one hour
- Add 4 – 5 litres of clean water per 25kg sack
- Do not polish small areas such as quoins and window
- reveals may be finished smooth
- Use polythene sheeting to protect doors, windows and other features from any over spraying during application
Storage for K1 scratch render
Store in a dry environment where possible and minimise contact with moisture.
Keep out of reach of children.
Packed materials should be stored in unopened bags, pallets should remain wrapped and stored in a stable manner in an appropriate storage area.
Technical Specification for K1 scratch render
Silicone K1 is specifically designed to incorporate the benefits of silicone water repellents into a cement-based render system.
Silicone adds a high water repellent quality, while allowing water vapour to pass freely through the render; thus the amount of dirt adhering to the surface is greatly reduced, ensuring a freshly rendered appearance for a prolonged period of time. This dry surface also improves the resistance of the finished render to algae growth and the natural phenomenon of lime-bloom.
One Coat Coverage:
1.6 kg / mm thick / sq m
One Coat Require:
26 – 32kg / sq m approx. Nominal 16 – 20mm thickness
Silicone K1 is normally applied in two passes depending on background conditions and final finish required. It is important that a consistent minimum finished thickness is achieved over the whole surface and that the maximum recommended thicknesses are not exceeded.