About Regal & Barnes Notched Skimming Blade
The Regal and Barnes Notched Skimming Blade is a high-quality, lightweight tool for applying a basecoat. The 10mm-notched blade allows you to apply an even thickness of basecoat across large areas in a much quicker time than conventional trowels. We recommend using the Regal and Barnes Notched Skimming Blade for basecoats given that it enables you to embed the mesh without applying the basecoat layer too thickly. Once flattened with embedded mesh, the 10mm notched skimming blade will leave a 6mm-thick layer of basecoat.
Application of Regal & Barnes Notched Skimming Blade
- Use Notched Skimming Blade to apply the basecoat adhesive before embedding the mesh and flattening with a trowel.
- Apply basecoat adhesive to substrate using usual method of either notched trowel or plastering tool
- Ensure edge of Notched Skimming Blade is slightly damp to prevent any dragging of the materials
- Start at the edges and use long, smooth swiping motions to level out the product.
- After use, ensure Notched Skimming Blade is clean and dry and stored in a sheltered space