K-rend HP12 base coat uses ‘High Polymer’ technology to create a cost effective scratch coat with enhanced application performance on difficult substrates. The HP12 is ideal as a stipple coat or for dense backgrounds and has increased water resistance and adhesion. It is recommended to embed K-Rend’s Alkali Resistant Reinforcing Mesh into the HP12 base coat to improve strength and flexibility.
Coverage of HP12 Base Coat
HP12 Base Coat comes in 25kg bags and 1.8kg of the product is required per millimetre thick per m2
Therefore at nominal 4-6mm thickness one bag of HP12 will cover approximately 2.5m2
Application of K-rend HP12 Base coat
- Add 5-6 litres of clean water to each 25kg of HP12.
- Mix the HP12 base coat for at least 5 minutes to break down additives.
- Apply by hawk and trowel
- HP12 Base can be used over block work masonry or stone backgrounds, , however for any other unusual substrate seek technical advice.
- If the next coat is to be a K Rend finish, form a light key by scratching as per good render practice
- Alternatively float to a flat finish
Applying K-rend HP12 as a Bedding Adhesive
- HP12 can also be used as a cementitious adhesive for EPS insulation.
- Prepare the HP12 Base coat, by mixing the 25kg bag with 5-6 litres of clean potable water and mix for approximately 5 minutes.
- Apply the HP12 by hawk and trowel to the perimeter of the insulation board and additional dabs in the centre; at least 50% of the board should be covered to ensure adhesion to the substrate.
- Alternatively apply with a notched trowel over the entire face of the board.
- Press the boards firmly onto the masonry substrate
Handling and Storage of K-rend HP12 Base coat
- Use protective equipment (see section 8). Avoid generation of dust and keep dust levels to a minimum.
- Carrying bags can cause personal injury, ensure operation is conducted in accordance with current manual handling legislation.
- Store in a dry environment where possible and minimise contact with moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Packed materials should be stored in unopened bags, pallets should remain wrapped and stored in a stable manner in an appropriate storage area.
- HP12 has a maximum recommended shelf life of one year from manufacture date under ideal conditions. Expired products should be disposed of according to local legislation