About EWI Store Trade Basics – Mono Scratch Float
The Mono Scratch Float is designed to create a textured finish on all scratch renders. Comprising a heavy-duty handle and galvanised metal-spiked base plate, the Mono Scratch Float helps applicators to achieve their desired finish. Before using the float, the render must be dry but not cured, normally 24-48 hours after applying the scratch render. The Regal and Barnes Mono Scratch Float is also ideal for creating a mechanical key.
Application of EWI Store Trade Basics – Mono Scratch Float
- Work from east to west to ensure that the render does not dry out too fast in the sun before it has been rubbed up
- Use consistent, circular motions to rub up the render
- Start from the top and work downwards
- Do not rub the render too aggressively; this may damage its overall appearance
- Ensure that all workers are working the float in the same direction to create a consistent appearance