We are currently recruiting a Specification Analyst who is also a fluent Polish speaker, for a permanent position to join our Technical and Product Development department based in Aylesbury. The role is ideal for a recent graduate who has a background in engineering, construction, or the building services sector and is a fluent communicator in both English and Polish. The successful candidate will report directly to the Technical Director and work alongside our Technical Sales and Commercial Teams.
The role has excellent upward progression opportunities for the right candidate helping us deliver real time technical advice to clients and working on long-term new product development for realisation in the UK and Irish markets. We will be providing extensive on the role and external training to the chosen candidate, so that they can become an expert in all the necessary areas required to deliver an excellent service.
We are the leading supplier of modern renders external wall insulation systems in the UK. We have a large database of installers across the UK who use our systems and materials, and we now have branches throughout South-East England where we sell, deliver and stock our materials.
- Liaise with our technical sales and business development teams to ensure clients receive correct and site-specific technical specification documents for their projects.
- Formulate u-value, condensation risk analysis calculations using the most up to date and approved software.
- Be the office support for our on-the-road technical sales team and be prepared to support their requirements with all aspects of technical advice.
- Review and approve warranty applications; be prepared to raise and flag any underlying issues with the client and the commercial support team.
- Support the Technical Director on improving current technical information, whether this is on the website, technical guides or specific technical datasheets.
- Use Polish language skills to liaise with our European colleagues to resolve all product queries and questioned technical matters.
- Be the point of contact for telephone and email queries related to technical matters for new and existing clients.
- Assist management with all aspects of new product certification. We are extensively expanding our expenditure with the BBA, NSAI, and fire testing departments to bring new products and systems to market.
- Attend formal technical training and be ready to implement new technical information and procedures into the technical department.
- Work with the European colleagues to ensure external audits of products by the various technical bodies flow smoothly, minimising any issues.
- Once up to speed with the company procedures, be confident to implement new ideas and positive changes to make the technical information more comprehensive and easier to access across the business.
- Understand and learn the various products and systems.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Fluent in both English and Polish – written and spoken is essential.
- Ideally a degree or higher education in a related field to our industry, e.g. engineering, architecture, business services or construction.
- Would also consider a candidate experienced in any of these fields who could prove their value to our business.
- Work to tight deadlines, prioritise accordingly and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn is critical.
- Occasional travel to Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia to meet with European colleagues and partners.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK
The salary has some scope for negotiation – depending on experience, candidate background and proficiency in the skills we are recruiting for. The business is growing extensively, and this is an ideal time to join our company.