Sky is the limit with this role opening! Success in the role depends on the individual’s prowess, ambition and enthusiasm. Salary £25k basic (£35k OTE) topped up with a generous individual and team commission system (no upper limit on earning potential).
Based in the building and construction sector, we are the leading seller of external wall insulation and modern systems in the South East. We have a large database of installers across the UK who use our systems and materials, and we now have branches throughout the South-East England where we sell, deliver and stock our materials.
We’re excited to be on the look-out for a full-time Business Development Manager to join us and operate from the Aylesbury branch to help us as we continue to grow our brand in the surrounding areas and beyond!
The role is a great opportunity to take a first step into business development, with generous commission and growth opportunities as the business expands. We are keen to maintain strong a relationship with our customers, so excellent customer service and organisation skills are necessary. A candidate with a clear drive and exhibiting leadership skills will be prioritised.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Using all the tools at your disposal (including, use of a company car) to actively find new customers and build on existing customer relationships in the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
- Expected to be on the road after initial 1 month learning period at the office.
- Maintaining and increasing and developing business.
- Occasionally liaise with your colleagues to service the needs of our existing customers.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account, by being in regular communication with the company Sales Director.
- Preparing profiles for company customer accounts and be able to fully understand and operate the sales order process (from quote, to sales order, to invoice, do delivery note).
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision makers.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director (day-to-day discussions around Aylesbury), but also into the Sales Director who will be responsible for monitoring the KPIs and overall targets.
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
- Be prepared to carry out ad-hoc tasks at the discretion of the Commercial Director and the Sales Director.
- Wanting to learn on-the-job and learn new skills.
- Expected to devote 2-3 working days for National Trade Shows (these days given back in lieu), when they come back to the public in 2021-22
- Be expected to help with marketing projects e.g. training videos
Job Type / Category
EWI Store sells a range or renders and insulation materials within the building industry. The selected candidate will be working for us on a full-time basis and will be responsible for covering the counties that gravitate around the Aylesbury branch.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate that displays clear leadership skills.
- Driven and results orientated with a desire to achieve great results.
- Has some sales experience ideally within the building industry (ideal but prior industry experience is not essential).
- Great inter-personal skills.
- Energetic and focused; Self motivated and wanting to learn new job.
- Able to present with confidence and have good communication skills with the ability to speak to others within the business, dealing with queries from external parties e.g. customers and buyers.
- Team Player – must be able to get on with teammates and build on those relationships (both in Aylesbury and Head Office).
- £25,000 basic salary with generous commission (OTE £35,000+)
- +Team bonus
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Company car after initial training period
- Social industry: may involve client entertaining and occasional overnight hotel stays